Carib SSFC is a strong advocate of the FA’s RESPECT programme and the We Only Do Positive campaign.
Respect is the collective responsibility of everyone involved in football, at all levels, to create a fair, safe and enjoyable environment in which the game can take place. It is the behavioural code for football. Respect is a continuous FA programme, not a one-off initiative.
What does the FA want to achieve with Respect?
- A base of registered referees in England sufficient for the demands of the game at every level.
- Zero tolerance for assaults on referees.
- An improvement in on-field player discipline, particularly in the area of dissent to referees and in competitions that have an established record of poor discipline.
- A ‘step change‘ in youth football on what is acceptable and unacceptable behaviour from parents and spectators.
- Closer links between between the FA and coaches to create an enjoyable learning environment for children’s football.
We Only Do Positive aims to promote and educate coaches and parents on their roles in creating a fun, safe and inclusive environment for all the players, ensuring they have great experiences throughout their football journey. We are supporters of the We Only Do Positive initiative and have a designated welfare officer who works with our coaching team to ensure our footballers can play in a safe and secure environment.